Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Flash Player 10 - Context Menu not working on Embedded Video

A simple problem: Place an embedded video on stage. Customize context menu using ContextMenu class (flash.ui.ContextMenu). ContextMenuEvent.MENU_ITEM_SELECT event won't fire when you right click on embedded video. Just click on anywhere without video, it will work. If you place a rectangle over the video with 0% alpha fill , it will start working even on the video. This happens with Gaia framework, but i think this is a flash player bug.

I didn't google if someone else having the same problem or not. Just an unimportant experience.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying forever to figure out why custom context menu items don't always work in a flash video player I'm working on. Your observation that it only doesn't work when right clicking over the video appears to be correct. Thanks for posting this! :-)

turbidity said...

I can also vouch for this. The transparent rectangle over it works, though I'm running into an issue with fullscreen that loses the context menu. Interestingly enough, AIR does not share this bug. The context menu works fine over video for it.

Evan Mullins said...

yep, that fixed it for me as well. I'd been wondering if anyone has had this issue, glad to see I wasn't alone or crazy.

Steven Vachon said...

I'm having this problem as well. Thanks for the solution